Each year we visit regional centres throughout the state to provide workshops and training. Our visits are influenced by a region’s interest, funding, and our availability. We have travelled to regions such as Yorke Penisula, Eyre Penisula, Mt Gambier, and the Riverland. These are often in partnership with local governments and/or NRM Boards who have active school programs. We are open to chat about the possibilities and other ways we can support regional South Australia. Our educators membership program is an ideal online tool for education sites in all regions across the state.
2018 REGIONAL OFFERINGS
Throughout 2018, the Nature Play team have visited a number of regional South Australian communities connecting with and engaging children, teachers and parents in a love of learning and playing in nature.
Due to ongoing demand and interest, Nature Play SA are excited to offer country South Australian communities the opportunity to access our popular school and community events.
To date, we have facilitated playgroup, preschool and primary school sessions by day, professional development for teachers after school and parent engagement sessions in the early evening.
What we offer:
- Playgroup sessions exploring natural elements, loose parts and sensory play
- Kindy and Preschool cubby building and/or natural elements incursions
- Primary incursions that focus on:
- cubby building (developing General Capabilities)
- exploring natural elements (Science, English and The Arts)
- geocaching (HASS)
- STEM in nature investigations
- Teacher Professional Development (Outdoor Learning – ACARA Connections, STEM in Nature Based Learning Environments)
- Parent Information Sessions
If your community would be interested in learning more about how we can work with you, please get in touch via email at [email protected]