Nature Play SA acknowledges Traditional owners of Country throughout Australia and recognise the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and Elders both past and present.
To keep up to date with our events and offerings subscribe to our email list!
- This event has passed.
Family Crabbing Day [BOOKED OUT]
March 3, 2018 @ 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
* This event is now BOOKED OUT. You can keep in the loop with event announcements and other nature play news by signing up to our E-newsletter at the bottom of this page *
Our popular Family Crabbing Day is back in 2018!
Join Nature Play SA as we teach your children aged 5 -12 years the skills to crab so it is safe, sustainable and most of all, heaps of fun! Spend some quality time outdoors as we [literally] teach you the crabbing ropes and potentially spark the beginning of a new family activity. Crabbing will take place using nets from the jetty and we’ll catch-and-release any crabs caught on the day.
Eventbrite bookings are essential for this free event. In preparing to make your booking could you please note:
- This crabbing event is for children from 5-12 years due to the nature of the activities we’ll be undertaking and safety considerations on the jetty [if your kids are a bit young for this event don’t despair as we’ll be announcing our Autumn event line up soon!]
- All children must be accompanied by an adult and session numbers are limited – you will need to book for all attending children AND adults. Please book in for one session only.
- Nature Play SA will supply all the crabbing equipment.
- Further information will be provided to you following your booking.
See you by the sea soon!