To keep up to date with our events and offerings subscribe to our email list!
NATURE PLAY EVENTS
Nature Play SA partners with councils, state government, education providers, local businesses, and corporate partners to deliver nature play events for local communities.
With a vision to connect children with nature through outdoor learning and play, we deliver events ranging from small school holiday programs, bespoke events, to major partnership events for thousands of families.
Our events engage families and groups in nature through play, creativity, curiosity, meaningful experiences in nature, and open-ended play.
- This event has passed.
Geocaching – Mitcham Reserve
October 7, 2020 @ 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
For the perfect blend of screen and green time, join us on this high-tech Outdoor Treasure Hunt.
Geocaching is an activity that taps into problem-solving, team-building and creative-thinking skills while promoting physical activity outdoors. Delivered as an active outdoor adventure, this session combines a unique blend of ‘screen time’ and ‘green time’ with children exploring their local green spaces on a high-tech treasure hunt using the best navigation technology available.
- This is a family adventure please do not drop and go
- Registration of each person attending per family is required, there is a maximum number of 30 people who can participate in this activity due to COVID restrictions. Please advise of those in your family group within your booking
- Please ensure to provide all requested details per attendee so we can fulfil COVID Contact Tracing requirements
- Each family will receive a geocaching device (as pictured) to complete the outdoor treasure hunt
- Please bring your own water bottle and snacks if you wish and enjoy a family picnic in the park at the conclusion of the activity
- Please dispose of rubbish in the bins provided and place each cache back where it was found
COVID safe Space:
Creating a safe space for all is key and with the recent health challenges from COVID-19, City of Mitcham and Nature Play SA activities are designed with social distancing measures, and health and hygiene practices in place.
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, where water is unavailable use alcohol-based hand sanitiser, we will have hand sanitiser available onsite
2. Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol- based hand sanitiser
3. Practise good social distancing. 1.5m space where possible, no handshaking or hugging
Our aim is to limit the spread, and by working together to ensure responsible behaviour we can create a safe space for everyone involved. If you are showing signs of illness, have recently arrived home from overseas or have been in close contact with someone who has returned within the last 14 days, are waiting on the results of a COVID test, have been asked to isolate or have been diagnosed as having COVID-19 , we kindly ask you to follow the current Government Regulations, and do not attend this activity.
Maximum number of participants: 30
Interested in hosting your own Nature Play SA Event Experience? SEE OUR OFFERINGS