Nature Play SA acknowledges Traditional owners of Country throughout Australia and recognise the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and Elders both past and present.
To keep up to date with our events and offerings subscribe to our email list!
- This event has passed.
Nature Play SA Forest Festival // 17 April
April 17, 2019 @ 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Welcome friends! Please ensure you read the booking instructions below prior to purchasing your tickets.
Grab your picnic blankets and beanies, Nature Play Forest Festival is returning to Kuitpo Forest in Autumn 2019! Come join us as we celebrate the holidays with wild nature play adventures and make magical memories with family and friends.
The Nature Play Forest Festival is specially created for children aged 0 – 12 years and their families. Activities include:
- Low ropes adventure course through the pines
- Natural loose parts play
- Wild cubby building in the eucalypt forest
- Story time and family reading amongst the pines
- Australian animal-themed family yoga classes with Eternal Yoga and Wellness
- Orienteering and bushwalking trails
- Hands on nature with staff with Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges NRM Board’s NRM Education program
- Autumn mask making with Kate Hubmayer
- Nature potion and tinkering stations
- Wildlife display and shows with Animals Anonymous
- Bush stick xylophone jam sessions with tribal instruments
Please note places are strictly limited for each day of this event and tickets are essential. Here are a couple of things to help complete your booking:
- This event is ticketed and numbers capped to ensure the enjoyment and safety of attendees on the day
- Tickets must be booked prior to the event (no purchases will be available at the Festival)
- Please ensure you book for ALL children (aged 1+) AND adults attending. No further tickets will be available once the event has sold out and entry to the Festival will only be granted to those with valid tickets.
- Tickets are $15 per child (plus Eventbrite fees) per day. Children under 12 months old do not require tickets to the event. Adults are free, however are still required to book tickets. At the Festival, you’ll be able to make product and membership purchases from the Nature Play SA pop-up shop. Food trucks will also be onsite for food and drink needs!
- FREE FAMILY ENTRY FOR MEMBERS// All Nature Play SA Family Members will be provided FREE ENTRY on their chosen date (provided tickets are still available), however the event will be ticketed and numbers capped each day to ensure families have the best time possible.
- A family membership costs $65 with loads of benefits including free entry to major events and a magazine subscription. If you join The Nature Play SA Collective, please contact us prior to booking for your promotional code to gain free entry. See natureplaysa.org.au for more information.
- Tickets are valid for one day and are not transferrable (only valid for the day you have booked for).
- Children remain the responsibility of parents and carers
- Specific directions and other handy info will be provided upon booking and in the lead up to the Festival.
Nature Play Forest Festival is proudly organised by Nature Play SA, Alexandrina Council, Mount Barker District Council and Forestry SA. We look forward to seeing you in the Forest!