FAMILIES IN PARKS
National parks are not only sanctuaries for plants and animals but also special places for children to explore, experience and engage with the natural world. With old growth forests, wind swept coastal cliffs, wetlands, towering sand dunes, deep gorges, and a network of family-friendly trails, South Australian Parks are well equipped for childhood.
To help your family get to know new or existing Parks we’ve teamed up with Park Rangers to develop a range of tools for first time park users or those who visit regularly. Throughout 2017 we featured a range of Parks each month and developed a list 40 seasonal things to do for each. In 2018 we are again celebrating Parks with new and exciting resources and tools released each month. January 2018 kicks off with Encounter Marine Park which we are excited to have released our Natural treasures to discover within Encounter Marine Park.
- Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary National Park – Winaityinaityi Pangkara
- Anstey Hill Recreation Park
- Belair National Park
- Deep Creek Conservation Park
- Encounter Marine Park
- Flinders Chase National Park
- Hallett Cove Conservation Park
- Innes National Park
- Morialta Conservation Park
- Mt Remarkable National Park
- Shepherds Hill Recreation Park