6. Create habitat for insects
Create habitat for insects: contribute to conserving wildlife by creating habitat for native bees and other insects by building or sourcing an insect hotel.
There are many things we can do to provide habitat for wildlife such as planting native seedlings, having logs and rocks, a bird bath, having bare soil in some patches and making and installing bee hotels.
For more inspiration check out:
- The lifecycle of the Blue Banded Bee (Nature Play SA)
- How to invite more insects into your garden (good living)
- A blog by Sophie Thompson – a habitat for bees.
- steps to attracting native bees to your garden (Green Adelaide)