STEM in Nature Based Early Learning Environments
Aimed at Early Learning Educators this session will explore what nature-based STEM inquiry looks like for early learners. Attendees will take away practical and inspiring ideas to engage children in deep and meaningful connections with their natural world.
This STEM inspired workshop will explore practical ways that nature-based learning environments encourage young children to investigate, create, inquire, observe relationships, make predictions and problem solve.
The practical and hands on outdoor workshop will give educators the opportunity to:
- Apply critical and creative thinking skills
- Promote, capture and further explore children’s natural curiosity about the world and their place within it
- Explore ways to incorporate routines and resources to promote STEM-rich learning environments
- Design programs to embed STEM skills and thinking into everyday learning
- Review current and leading STEM and Nature Play research and resources including NPSA’s ‘Learning Outdoors Benefits / Risk’ resource
2022 Date Coming Soon
To be the first to know about future STEM workshops, register your interest here