Building on the success and popularity of books such as The Man Who Made Things Out of Trees and Norwegian Wood, 50 Things to Do with a Penknife is a beautifully presented, practical gift guide to the age-old art of whittling.
The 50 projects featured in the book are divided into 8 main themes:
- Quick Things – including a doorstop, a bookmark and a fire poker
- Ornamental – including a boat, a bangle and chess pieces
- Creature Comforts – including a horse’s head, crow and whale
- Around The House – including clothes pegs, chopsticks and a recipe stand
- Into The Woods – including a whistle, walking stick, meat smoker & fish hook
- Elaborate Carvings – including a spoon, spinning top and a penny box
- The Natural World – including a bird feeder and flowerbed markers
- Cork Creation – including a succulent pot and ornamental cork
The projects cater for a range of skill levels and the instructions are complemented by smart step-by-step illustrations, which highlight the tactile quality of the material in hand. Featuring the ultimate crossover of cool craftsmanship and savvy survival-skill projects, this book is the perfect gift for creative adventurers.