We are incredibly grateful for the support we receive across South Australia, here are some of the many wonderful people and organisations who help us achieve our goals and better support you.
Our Ambassadors plays a role in promoting our message and promoting the hard work that our team and broader community are achieving.
Katie Sarah is owner and manager of Sarah Mountain Journeys Pty Ltd specialising in extreme and adventure travel. Katie is married with three adult sons. She combines work with a passion for the outdoors, spending as much time as she can rock climbing, mountaineering and training for ironman triathlons. Katie is a woman of many firsts,
– First Australian woman to summit Mt Himlung, Nepal
– The first SA (and 6th Australian) to summit Mt Everest
– One of few Australian women to have completed the 7 summits
– Only woman in the world (and one of 9 people) to have completed both the 7 summits and the 7 Volcanic summits
– First woman in the world (and one of only 4 people) to complete the Explorers’ Grand Slam plus 7 Volcanic summits
Katie also has an active interest in several not for profit organisations and is delighted to named Patron of Nature Play SA in 2019.
Sophie is a passionate gardener and shares her knowledge and expertise whenever possible. Sophie has written several books, and regularly writes for magazines and the Sunday mail on all things gardening. She presents often at events and enjoys providing horticultural consultations on many SA gardens. Sophie is mum to 5 children and in her spare time tends to her own 3 acres of organic garden, Hamlyn cottage in the Adelaide hills and the menagerie of animals that share her home and family.
“Creating a backyard where children can enjoy free play, connect with nature and learn to grow some of their own food is sowing a seed for their future health, wellbeing and happiness as well as the future health of the planet.”